The show had its World Premiere at Piccadilly Theatre, London on 26 September 1997 and ran until 10 January 1998.
- Winner of Outstanding Achievement in Dance: Lez Brotherston – Olivier Awards
First US Tour
The show premiered in the USA on 30 March 1999 at the Ahmanson Theatre, Los Angeles.
UK TOUR REVIVAL
The 2010 revival was first performed on 15 November 2010 at the Theatre Royal, Plymouth then opened on 8 December 2010 at Sadler's Wells Theatre.
Cinderella went on a major UK and European Tour until May 2011.
- Nominated for Best New Dance Production - Olivier Awards 2011
- Nominated for Best New Dance Production - Manchester Evening News Awards 2011
- Winner of Outstanding Achievement in Dance - Theatre Awards UK 2011 (formerly the TMA awards.
Matthew Bourne's Cinderella returned to Sadler's Wells our 16th Christmas Season from 9 Dec 2017 - 27 Jan 2018.
The show was broadcast on BBC 2 on Boxing Day seen by 429,600 people and then screened to around 300 cinemas worldwide throughout 2018.
Saturday 23 June 2018 saw the final performance on the 2017/18 UK tour after 192 performances at 19 venues, across 26 weeks and a live audience of 240,000.
The show toured to Beijing and Shanghai in China in August and premiered in Tokyo, Japan in October.
Matthew Bourne's Cinderella was screened in cinemas throughout the UK and Worldwide in 2018 and released on DVD/Blu-ray in October.
- Ashley Shaw nominated for Outstanding Female Modern Performance as 'Cinderella' - National Dance Awards 2018
Matthew Bourne's Cinderella toured the US from 6 January 2019 - 10 March 2019 with seasons at Blumenthal Performing Arts (Charlotte), John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (Washington DC) and a four-week season at CTGLA's Ahmanson Theatre (Los Angeles). It gave its 283rd and final performance for our 2017-19 tour on 10 March and has been seen by over 360,000 people!
CLICK HERE to continue going behind the scenes.