Michela MeazzaAssociate Dance Practitioner
Joined New Adventures: 1997
Other Career Highlights: Dry Write at Latitude Festival 2010 (Ann Yee); Electric Hotel’ ( F. Requardt and D.Rosenberg) Kings Cross site specific performance; Really Old , like Forty Five, (dir Anna Mackmin) National Theatre; Pictures from an Exhibition (F.Requardt , D.Kramer) Young Vic; Three and Russian Roulette (Lea Anderson) London and UK tour; Romeo and Juliet for English National Ballet at The Royal Albert Hall.
Michela has worked as movement director for Hedda Gabler at the Sherman Theatre, Cardiff (dir. Chelsea Walker ); Associate Movement Director for Julie at the National Theatre (dir. Carrie Cracknell, Movement dir. Ann Yee); The Phlebotomist at the Hampstead Theatre (dir. Sam Yates); Murder Ballad at the Arts Theatre (dir. Sam Yates); Cymbeline at the Globe Theatre (dir. Sam Yates); and Boa at Trafalgar Studios (dir. Hannah Price). She has choreographed for music videos and short films by new artists. She regularly teaches dance classes and movement workshops for Matthew Bourne and Birkbeck University.
Michela was nominated for “Best Contemporary Dancer” at the Critics’ Circle Award 2012
Dedication: Michela dedicates her performance to her late father Ernesto who used to wear Red Shoes and never stopped smiling through life. A special thank you to her wonderful partner Ed for his unconditional support.
London Studio Centre and Aterballetto (Italy)
For ADVENTURES IN MOTION PICTURES
- Swan Lake
- Cinderella – 1997
- The Car Man – 2000 (Original Cast) Lana, Delores
For NEW ADVENTURES
- Play Without Words – (Original Cast) Glenda
- Nutcracker! Sugar, Marshmallow
- Edward Scissorhands – (Original Cast) Joyce Monroe
- The Car Man Lana
- Dorian Gray Lady H
- Cinderella – 2010/11 & 2017/18 (London Only) Sybil (The Stepmother)
- The Red Shoes – 2016/17 & 2019/20 Irina Boronskaja
- The Car Man – 2003
- Matthew Bourne's Christmas – 2012
- Cinderella – 2017 The Stepmother
- The Red Shoes – 2020 Irina Boronskaja