Born in Miyagi, Japan. Mari started dancing at age of six at Sendai City Ballet School in Sendai, Japan. She later went on to train at Rambert School of Ballet and Contemporary Dance in London (2004-2007) where she graduated with a first-class honours degree.
Film & TV: IBM International exhibition for Sony Camera; Radio show ‘Sunday Precious’(Tokyo Broadcasting System Inc); Ardor in Matthew Bourne’s Sleeping Beauty (Leopard Films and BS premium Japan); Imagine - A Beauty is Born (BBC); Romanian Princess in Matthew Bourne’s Swan Lake 3D (Leopard Films); Matthew Bourne’s Christmas (More 4).
Other Career Highlights: Dancer in NECB2, Assistant choreographer for the musical “My name is Shingo” directed by Philippe Decouflé; Interpreter for an Australian associate choreographer Simone Sault in the musical “Love Never Dies” directed by Simon Phillips.
Dedication: Mari would like to thank her wonderful family and friends for their love and the support through the years especially her husband Takuma who is so understandable sending me off to the other side of the world respecting what I love to do.
Rambert School of Ballet and Contemporary Dance
- Swan Lake – 2010 and 2019 (Asia Tour) Romanian, Monaco Princess (2010), French, Spanish Princess (2019)
- Nutcracker! – 2011 Marshmallow, Liquorice Lady
- Sleeping Beauty – 2012 and 2015/16 Ardor, Feral, Hibernia & Aurora
- Dorian Gray – Japan 2013 Esperanza
- Edward Scissorhands – 2014/15 Candy Covitt, Marilyn-Ann Evercreech, Kim Boggs
- Early Adventures – 2017
- Swan Lake 3D – 2011 Romanian Princess
- Matthew Bourne's Christmas – 2012
- Sleeping Beauty – 2013 Ardor