Glenn GrahamResident Artist / Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Champion
The Times (The Red Shoes 2019)
Joined New Adventures
Glenn Graham is a London-based dancer, choreographer, and mentor. His previous choreographic works include Intimate Windows (Introdans, NL, 2009) a collaboration with Dutch fashion designers, And yet we stand tall (University of Cumbria) exploring the lives of Londoners during the blitz and Alter Ego (Legat Associates) which looks at how we bring out another side of ourselves. Glenn has also choreographed for Winter Guard UK (WGUK), Winter guard International (WGI) and for the Northern School of Contemporary Dance CAT scheme.
Glenn joined New Adventures in 2003 making his debut in Nutcracker! before performing as The Swan in Matthew Bourne’s Swan Lake in Paris the following year. Glenn also originated the role of Grischa Ljubov in The Red Shoes and Ernest Ralph Gorse in The Midnight Bell. Glenn was Rehearsal Director (2018/19) and Resident Director (2020) for the most recent tour of Matthew Bourne’s Swan Lake.
In addition to his New Adventures work Glenn has also performed choreography by Jiri Kylian, Mats Ek, Sidi Larbi, Richard Alston, William Forsythe and Sharon Watson.
Doorstep Duets is a New Adventures community project that aims to share joy and escapism by making dance more accessible to all through free world-class performances that take place on street corners, in local parks and through community-based organisations.
Glenn’s Doorstep Duet Back to Usis about realising that old friendships can be revived, reconnecting with past relationships that fizzled out and realising the influence of relationships in your life; focusing on true friendships with those who know you inside out. This is Glenn’s choreographic debut for New Adventures.
Glenn said: “The older I get the more I understand what friendship is. I am honoured to have an opportunity to tell this story in such a valuable and important way in the community. This wasn’t available when I was younger and it’s nice to give back what I didn’t get.”
Glenn’s passion is nurturing and mentoring dance artists, this is realised in his role as Resident Artist and mentor to New Adventures’ Emerging Artists.
Rambert School of Ballet & Contemporary Dance
For NEW ADVENTURES
- Doorstep Duets – 2023 Choreographer
- The Car Man – 2022 Rocco, Bruno
- The Midnight Bell – 2021 (Original Cast) Ernest Ralph Gorse
- The Red Shoes – 2019/20 Boris Lermontov
- Swan Lake – 2018/19 The Private Secretary and Rehearsal Director & Resident Director
- Cinderella – 2017/18 Tom and Dick
- The Red Shoes – 2016/17 (Original Cast) Grischa Ljubov
- Sleeping Beauty – 2015/16 King Benedict, Viscount Aubrey
- The Car Man – 2015 Rocco, Bruno
- Swan Lake – 2013/14 Hungarian, German & French Escort, The Swan/Stranger (cover)
- Sleeping Beauty – 2012/13 King Benedict, Viscount Aubrey
- Cinderella – 2010/11 The Angel
- Nutcracker! – 2003 Little Willy
- Swan Lake – 2003 Hungarian, German & French Escort, The Swan/Stranger (cover)
- The Red Shoes – 2020 Grischa Ljubov
- Swan Lake – 2019 The Private Secretary
- Cinderella – 2017
- The Car Man – 2015
Other Career Highlights
- Introdans – The Netherlands Choreographies by Jiri Kylian, Mats Ek, Forsythe, Paul Lightfoot & Sol Leon, Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui, Hans Van Manen, Robert Battle, Alwin Nikolais, Fernando Melo, Nils Christie, Cayetano Soto.
- Phoenix Dance Theatre – UK Choreographies by Aletta Collins, Richard Alston, Henri Oquike, Jose Agudo, Charlotte Vincent, Ana Lujan Sanchez, Richard Wherlock and Sharon Watson.
- Compania Metros de Danza – Spain Choreographies by Ramon Oller
- Ballet Santa Coloma – Spain Choreographies by David Campos.
- Hansel & Gretel (SYD Hansel & Gretel, Choreography by Lee Smikle (Brighton Fringe Festival) – UK Hansel & Gretel, Choreography by Lee Smikle Brighton Fringe Festival
- Intimiate Windows Introdans
- And yet we stand Tall University of Cumbria
- Alter Ego Legat Associates
- Doorstep Duets – 2023 'Back to Us'
- Royal Ballet School, Rambert School, ENB School, Prague International Masterclass, Phoenix Dance Theatre, Shoreditch Youth Dance Company, Legat School Of Ballet & Contemporary